Monday, March 20, 2006

A place for the Podigy on the "Pod"ium


If the title of this blog smarts you, you are not aware of what Cognizant did to its 18000+ Associates on reaching a Billion $ milestone. All the podigies received a Video IPod each - top quality music to everybody's ears. Facing the Music has never been so exciting. I wouldn't be surprised if an Associate pulls out an IPod out of his pocket, instead of his access card, at the entrance to the office!!!
My Experiments with "Truth" (That is what I'd have preferred to call my IPod)
The day this beauty ended up on my palms, she has been treated with such reverence reserved only for the most beautiful of brides married to the most undeserving of grooms. Though I'm currently hunting for a snug outfit, with some revealing thrown in (I paralled her with a beautiful bride, didn't I?), I've safely wrapped her in the same polythene casing she came in (Amma, unga ponna kattina pudavaiyoda anupchaale podhum!!!). She came loaded with 'features' but I've 'completed' her with the best of my Audio & Video collections. I'm sure you are saying, "Enough of this analogy & double entendres". And I'm reading your mind on that one. Let me drop them and proceed with the narration.
The iTunes software that comes with the iPod happens to be really strange, if you don't read the manual carefully. The song are ordered in the playlist not based on their filenames on the disk but based on the 'Title' set through the 'Properties' window. I learnt this the hard way, after modifying the file names of around 200 songs only to realize that they still loaded into iTunes with totally unrecognizable names like 'Track01', 'TrackNo1', blah..blah. I'll have to wait for the next weekend to put my learning into action.
Apart from this sober experience, my 'Pod'ium (that is what I call her now, not 'Truth') is doing just fine. My parents seem to be loving her, but I still wonder how my Sister will feel about her (Hell, am back to that analogy!!! Can't help it yaar, shez beautiful). All said and done, this iPod is a fad that is to last longer than other fads I'd once been infected with. Ain't I a Podigy? Chao :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home